Steven Paul Jobs (February 24, 1955 – October 5, 2011).
He was the chairman, chief executive officer (CEO), and co-founder of Apple Inc., the chairman and majority shareholder of Pixar.
A member of The Walt Disney Company’s board of directors following its acquisition of Pixar, and the founder, chairman, and CEO of NeXT.
Jobs is widely recognized as a pioneer of the personal computer revolution of the 1970s and 1980s, along with Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.
Below are just 5 of the many quotes he have used throughout his lifetime, and they remain relevant till today and I believe they will continue to inspire many new generations to come…
1. “Stay hungry. Stay foolish.”
Always stay eager to learn, take risks, and keep trying to do what others say can’t be done.
2. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
Trying to be a clone of someone else, or to be someone you are expected to be, won’t work. Everyone is unique, so just be yourself!
3. “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.”
If your goal is to please everyone, then you will always fall short. The fact is you will never make everyone happy! Listening to everyone’s opinions about your life can be very discouraging and it’s important to not let others’ judgments of your dreams and goals drown out your hope.
4. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.”
Many of us spend our lives in discontent due to fear. Don’t live little. Remember your life is brief; move past your fears and stand out.
5. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it.”
If you feel unfulfilled in your career, keep looking until you find what you love to do.You only live once. Make it count.